Here's my first project of the year, an altered pillow.
I purchased a brown sweater at Salvation Army for $2.50 (it was half off day) and already had a tan pillow that had an ugly stain.
I used a straight edge and my rotary cutter because I'm not a very straight cutter, lined them up and cut straight across the chest of the sweater at the arm pits.
I was left with a rectangular sleeve with openings at the top and bottom. I turned the sleeve inside out and sewed along the bottom of the sweater with a medium sized zig-zag stitch.
I then turned the sweater right-side out and stuffed my ugly tan pillow inside the sweater. I folded down the raw edge of the sweater and pinned it in place along the binding on the ugly pillow.
I liked the look of the binding showing at this seem, it kind of looks like a zipper or closure of some sort. I tried to stitch it on my machine but it's just not strong enough so I had to sew it by hand which I really think worked well. Anywho, here's the finished product again.