Here's how I make our yogurt :
- Place desired amount of milk in crockpot, cover and turn on low for three hours.
- At the end of three hours turn crockpot off, leave lid on and let sit for two hours.
- After two hours has passed take out 1Cup of warm milk and place in small bowl, wisk in 1/2 Cup of store bought or previously made PLAIN whole fat yogurt.
- Add milk back to crockpot and mix thoroughly.
- Place lid back on crockpot bowl, remove crockpot bowl from base and place in oven.
- Turn on light inside oven and let set for 8-10 hours, until set. Congratulations you've just made yogurt!
Tomorrow I will discuss how I like to top my yogurt and some recipes that I add yogurt to.